Today is indeed very grey, and wet, in New York. I was dreading taking out Bella, my weird little canine, for a walk this morning for fear that she wouldn’t do her business and then she’d be trapped in the house all day to destroy whatever is left for her to destroy (because honestly there isn’t much at this point). To my surprise, our walk was filled with me shaking my head and laughing while getting completely downpoured on. Bella loves puddles apparently. She jumped and played through every single one that we saw. Enough about her… I will not become one of those dog people.
Since today is so dreary and gross I decided to post up some happy photos with a pink theme. I am not a fan of the color pink, but for the past week or so I keep running across pink photos. Weird, I know.
2. Pink bike stencil… I’ve kind of always wanted a pink bike. Although, the entire thing would have to be pink, including the basket. Oh yeah, it’d have to have a basket too.
3. Donut Muffins by Bread & Honey!
5. I have always wanted a typewriter in either pink or robin’s egg blue.
6. That cupcake makes we want to puke a little. I’ve never understood the rage behind cupcakes…for me they’re more aesthetically pleasing than anything else.
7. I know it seems orange, but in person it’s actually got a pink sheen to it. A rainy day like today reminds me of when I was wandering around London, years ago, and it was rainy and grey and I stumbled into a museum and there happened to be a works up by Sophie Calle. They were photos and text describing how she ate only things of a certain color on certain days. For example, Tuesday she would only eat pink foods, or something. I remember reading this book later and thinking about just how interesting a woman she is. Sophie Calle: Appointment with Sigmund Freud.
8. A “Salty Dog”. I am craving one so badly right now, even though it’s more appropriate for warmer weather. Salt-rimmed glass+grapefruit juice+vodka & ice.
9. Since I’m indoors much more often in the winter, I cook up a storm and bake like crazy. I’ve always coveted a KitchenAid mixer… maybe someday. And yes, I will admit that I definitely had a thing for hot pink at one point in my youth.
11. I have wanted this Eames chair forever, and then I saw that Rachel Denbow of Bling on My Sewing Machine had it and I got very envious! Though, if I were to shell out the dough for an Eames chair I would probably get it in a different color…
12. Jead Widmer posters for Centre de Creation Industrielle. Yummy. Check out more of them over at Grain Edit.
Great… now all I can think about are cupcakes and Salty Dog’s. Which would taste horrible together.